The Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) is the peak body for Victorian real estate industry professionals.
Whilst providing the category-leading data and analytics tools to the Real Estate industry in Victoria, REIV found competitor platforms offering products with inferior capabilities but a superior user experience were eroding REIV’s customer base, traffic and market-share.
The objective for the REIV was two-fold:
- Reposition the REIV as the a leading provider of marketing information and analytics
- Position PropertyData as the leading data and analytics product to the Victorian Real Estate industry
To achieve this, Revium was engaged to review the REIV’s online assets and presence, with a key focus on the Market Insights digital experience.
Revium undertook a full UX review of the REIVs website, competitive set and data sets. The results revealed a number of technical and marketing opportunities for the REIV to leverage, all of which centred on a need to take a customer-centric approach. The solution saw Revium undertake a holistic overhaul of Market Insights digital experience, including:
- Insights gained from user data revealed cross device and browser experiences were sub-optimal. Harnessing the existing Kentico CMS implementation, Revium developed responsive templates to ensure the user experience remained consistent regardless of device.
- For Real-estate agents, research revealed the need for more relevant data to be represented in easily digestible and user-friendly manner. Revium redesigned the interface, improved suburb search functionality and delivered a dynamic live feed of results. This simplified the data and improved access to market data across Victoria.
- The presentation details of sold property metrics, sales data and quarterly rental data was redesigned to improve functionality and accessibility for the user.
In taking a customer-first, data-led approach to each decision, be it technical or the representation of facts and figures, Market Insights now provides users a more engaging and friendly experience. Landing pages are now dynamic, data is searchable and easier to digest, and more importantly, customers are praising the improvements. The improved user-experience not only provides the customers with easier access to market information and property data, but helps to cement REIV as a market leader and authority in the Victorian real estate industry.