BackgroundAlinta Energy began using PDM in July 2015, as a way of improving and standardising their sales cycles. Alinta Energy specialise in delivering energy solutions to a range of large industries, including manufacturing, mining, government and commercial buildings. They also have small to medium clients that are bars, bank branches, small manufacturing and government (schools, public lighting and offices).
Alinta Energy’s various C&I sales team use unique and varied pricing models to quote, and therefore required a flexible and robust platform to calculate complex algorithms that relied on their business process and systems.
These algorithms include a multitude of pricing variations, historical and forward calculations, workflow design, contract formats and pricing reporting to help their sales team effectively manage their sales processes.
Goals and ChallengesThe following goals and challenges were presented by Alinta Energy’s various C&I teams. They needed PDM to:
- Adapt to Alinta Energy’s approach to various C&I markets
- Implement pricing that was easy to use for sales staff as dictated by pricing personnel
- Distinct pricing methodology focusing less on base rate and more on complex calculations for additional premiums relevant to the specific market
- Replicate existing documentation, such as offers and contracts, in an automated manner
- Dual handling of SME business sales and C&I markets
- Handle procedural workflows for seamless automation
- Complex interactive price page detailing breakdown of costs
- Add Gas to PDM for WC
- Allow multiple output formats
SolutionAlinta Energy have a distinct advantage in the marketplace via a dedicated online platform that seamlessly manages the sales process from the prospect stage, through to completed acquisition for the various teams and respective markets.
Enabling energy retailers and brokers to manage the full sales cycle of Commercial and Industrial customers.