BackgroundLand Victoria is the Government body who are responsible for registering changes in land ownership in Victoria. Land Victoria is a part of the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).
They required five interactive PDF’s that could be downloaded, and easily be filled out by its clients (including the public). Due to the complex nature of their processes, each form needed to adhere to a strict workflow with conditional fields. Revium worked closely with Land Victoria to implement suitable solutions for these needs.
Goals and ChallengesLand Victoria’s goals were to:
- Create five interactive PDFs that could be downloaded, saved and printed out
- Each form was customised to legislative requirements of the State of Victoria
- Implements a mandatory workflow with conditional fields which must be completed before the form is allowed to be printed and signed
- Allows forms to be saved and completed later
- Incorporate strong validation to reduce the chance of errors in the forms when they are processed by Land Victoria
The need for such customisable forms was the biggest challenge for Land Victoria, as many solutions had limitations of what they could achieve.
SolutionRevium utilised Adobe LiveCycle to develop the interactive PDF’s for Land Victoria. Adobe LiveCycle was chosen as the best solution as it allows precise customisation of the workflow that other products could not provide. Revium developed the following five interactive PDF’s for Land Victoria:
- Transfer of Land
- Mortgage and Discharge of Mortgage forms
- Caveat and Withdrawal of Caveat forms.
Forms are printed and signed by clients and posted to Land Victoria. Land Victoria uses an OCR process to process the forms which means it is essential that there are no errors on the form.