The College of Intensive Care Medicine is the body responsible for intensive care medicine specialist training and education in Australia and New Zealand. The College offers a minimum six year training program, in both general and paediatric intensive care, with a number of assessments, culminating in Fellowship of the College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM). The College has over 900 Fellows throughout the world. The main office is located in Melbourne, with regional committees throughout Australia, and national committees in New Zealand and Hong Kong.
Goals and Challenges
The College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM) facilitate a public website.
CICM desired to replace the current website with the aim to improve the user’s experience with a new design and information architecture, as well as its ability to update content across the site.
CICM needed Revium to:
- Provide an attractive design. For this design to be responsive to the major device widths (desktop, tablet and smart phone).
- Replace the existing website with improved functions to increase the digital presence of CICM.
- Provide content management platform and facilities so that nominated CICM staff members can update the content of the site and upload digital resources, without any technical expertise.
- Provide functionality for:
- General website content and maintenance
- News summary and articles
- Calendar of Events
- Positions Vacant
- An improved search for content
- Ability for a number of engagements with the college- Enquiries, etc
- A management function for the variety of online Documents
- A publishing workflow process
- Develop the system in a manner that ensures the website content is easily found within leading search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing
Revium customised and developed the Kentico CMS platform for best suitability with the CICM requirements. This included the configuration of aspects such as: Navigation (6-levels), page templates, information widgets, styling, social media sharing
Revium also provided CICM with the knowledge to be able to work with and understand the Kentico CMS platform, so that their staff are able to edit the website without the assistance of a developer.
The completed website solution provided CICM with:
- Full content management capabilities.
- Responsive design for all devices
Key criteria for selecting a Kentico CMS
CICM chose Kentico based on significant research on a number of Content Management Systems such as Umbraco, Sitecore, WordPress.
Kentico was seen as they best CMS software for CICM due the fact that Kentico offers a function rich, easy to use CMS system at a competitive price.
"A big thank you to the Revium team for all the work."
Jenny Do – IT Business Analyst/Project Lead – CICM