Management leads by example, encouraging staff to live our company values and either donate or participate in community service.
At Revium, we support a wide variety of organisations providing a range of critical services to our community.
We believe corporate giving is more than a responsibility; it’s our duty to the community we operate within. To promote and foster this culture internally, management leads by example. Recently, Managing Partner, John McRae, participated in the Vinnies CEO Sleepout – collectively raising over $8,000 in donations from Revium staff and clients.
To further encourage staff participation, Revium has set up a “workplace giving” arrangement. This allows our employees to donate to their selected charity via a payroll deduction. Each dollar donated is matched by Revium.
Direct donations to charities are jointly selected by staff and management. In recent years, donations have increased to over $10,000 annually. Our donations benefit various charities and continue to increase each year in line with Revium’s success. Recipients prior to July 2016 have included:
- Act for Peace
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- Bourke St Fund
- Cancer Council
- Disability Services Australia
- Dry in July
- Kids Under Cover
- Mirabel Foundation
- MS Australia
- One Girl Australia Collingwood
- Open Family Australia
- Peter McCallum
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- Radio Lollipop Children in Hospital
- Rare Cancers Australia
- Run for the Kids
- Salvation Army
- Smith Family Learning for life
- St Vincent de Paul Society Vic
- St Vincent’s CEO Sleepout
- The Cancer Foundation
- The Fred Hollows Foundation
- The Shane Warne Foundation
- UNICEF for Children
- Very Special Kids Malvern
- Victorian Dog Rescue
Revium encourages global cooperation between all nations and cultures. Each year, we work with IAESTE to identify and sponsor an international student for a year-long placement at Revium. Over the years, students have come from as far and wide as Mongolia, Switzerland, Croatia and several other European countries. These placements allow students to learn about the way we work whilst providing a cross cultural exchange experience all Revium staff enjoy.
Revium has proudly supported many charity organisations over the years, providing discounted services and pro-bono support. Client organisations include:
- Amaze (Autism Vic)
- Breast Cancer Care WA
- Climate Chest
- Horse Riding Club Association of Victoria
- Mandala Foundation
- NSW Meals on Wheels
- Queens Fund
- RIMS - Road Injury Management Service
One recent sponsorship saw Revium approached by Olympian Mat Belcher prior to the London Olympics to support the Australian Sailing Team. Ever since, we have been supporting Mat. Most recently we built Mat Belcher and Will Ryan’s campaign website and today we continue to provide social media, email campaign and design, development and digital marketing services. Mat and Will won an Olympic Silver medal in 2016 and Mat won Olympic Gold in the 470 class.
Beyond the myriad of sponsorships, donations and community organisations we support, Revium consistently seeks to adopt and improve workplace practices that impact upon our industry and the environment.
In practice this means:
- At all times conducting business in an ethical manner, and abiding by the the ACS Code of Ethics. (https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-documents/ACS%20Code-of-Professional-Conduct_v2.1.pdf)
- Mandating respectful communication within Revium, with our clients and suppliers.
- Actively working towards a green office, which includes:
- Reducing our carbon footprint through minimising power usage (e.g. air conditioning is only used when necessary; we utilise blinds to manage temperature in sun-exposed office spaces; and, we ensure all non-essential computer hardware is turned off when not it use)
- Recycling is always front of mind, with seperate rubbish bins and recycling bins located throughout our entire office.
- Continuous effort is made on moving towards a paperless office environment (via traditional methods to limit print-requirements and the ongoing assessment and adoption of digital solutions).