Revium builds fit-for-purpose, web based CPD systems to assist practitioners in developing their professional and personal expertise. Our online CPD systems increase member engagement while reducing the administration effort required to manage a CPD program.
What is CPD?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a way of improving and broadening knowledge, competencies and skills, both professionally and personally. It is an ongoing process of reflection and action in an ever changing world. Development can be achieved in many ways, for example through formal training, courses, conferences or informal learning opportunities during practice.
CPD obligations are common to many professions. They are mostly managed by member based associations and colleges and are often a requirement to obtain or maintain accreditation.
Revium has considerable domain knowledge in the area of CPD and a wealth of experience building highly customised, fit-for-purpose CPD business systems.
We implement system integrations to meet the needs of our clients, using a full range of skills and expertise to deliver CPD projects: user experience; visual design; specification; front-end and back-end development; testing and, project management.
Web based, fit-for-purpose CPD systems provide major benefits for professionals and their organisations:
- Reduced work load for all parties involved
- Easy access across multiple devices and browsers
- All information stored in a central, secure repository with full audit trail
- Capability to enforce business rules and data validation
- Real time overview of progress for each CPD participant
- Capability to send reminders and notifications
- Capability to extract management information for reporting purposes
- Automation of CPD activity logging for events housed by own organisation
- Full integration with related systems, such as member administration
- Improved CPD outcomes through structured and consistent process
- Improved member engagement resulting in increased growth and retention
Typical functions for a fully developed CPD system are:
- Secure access via authentication and authorisation
- Fully responsive design allowing access with a broad range of devices and browsers
- Offline processing to allow participants to complete basic tasks such as recording activities without internet connectivity. Data is temporarily stored in the browser and synchronised with the database once internet connectivityrestored.
- Automatic recording of activities based on attendance of company endorsed events
- Help text
- Dashboard with progress status
- List of completed activities for current and previous CPD periods
- Recording of objectives at start of CPD period
- Recording of activities including attachment of evidence
- Recording of evaluation at end of CPD period
- Download of certificates or statements of participation
- Download of transcript for a particular CPD period
- Configuration of programs, targets, activity types, categories and credits
- Enrolling participants
- Recording special considerations
- Recording participant notes
- Managing grace periods
- Managing CPD periods and rolling over participants
- Selecting participants for audits
- Managing audits through workflow process
- Viewing log files
To find out how we successfully implemented a CPD system for the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, see our case study.