The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) is Australia's national energy market regulator and an independent statutory authority. It is a business unit of the ACCC. The AER is committed to promoting outcomes that are in the long term interests of consumers. Energy Made Easy was required to help consumers understand and make more informed choices about electricity and gas offers.
The site in the main is to provide a 'price comparator' for energy (electricity and gas) market offers from Energy Retailer.
- Revium prepared the Business Requirements, Functional Specifications as well as created the Visual design to match the design requirements from the relevant stakeholders.
- Revium developed the required site functions and content management features.
- Revium developed the administration system to enable the entry and requirement workflow for energy retail offers and system base data.
- The system was delivered to the required Federal government guidelines for Accessibility (AA-level) and Security.
- The system was fully load balanced with the design for 4 webservers and 2 database servers.
The completed website solution provided:
- Full content management capabilities.
- Full project management services and documentation
- A new attractive website design that is WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant, as well as adheres to the Australian Government Web Guidelines
- The ability to handle high levels of traffic.
Revium won the 2013 Australian Web Awards in the Government Category for the 'Energy Made Easy' web site. Revium won the National award and the Victoria State Award for this category. Visit the Web Awards website for more information.