The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG), is the professional organisation for the establishment of standards of practice in obstetrics and gynaecology and women’s health.
Goals and Challenges
RANZCOG required a trainee administrative system to fulfil the following objectives:
- To provide simplicity when dealing with complex training recording and reporting essentials, including
- Logging and supervision of procedures performed
- Assessments and reviews of trainee progress, with allowance for workflow related approvals and/or requests for review
- Connectivity with existing systems and provision of display of concatenated data from across the range of existing systems
- To be used by RANZCOG trainees not only within Australia and New Zealand, but worldwide
- Accessible via a wide range of devices belonging to trainees and fellows of the college.
Revium built a fit-for-purpose online training application for RANZCOG.
Revium captured the requirements from the various stakeholders, prepared a detailed specification and design. It developed it under the Microsoft .NET Membership Framework with .NET development. It used HTML 5 features to enable the provision of a modern global web-based solution. The application design was built to be responsive and appropriate for any device and recent browser version.
The completed website solution provided RANZCOG with:
- A web application customised to suit the RANZCOG training curriculum
- Time-oriented reporting according to a range of curriculum-driven rules
- A hosted application conforming to RANZCOG standards, operating on desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Attractive up-to-date website design with responsive design incorporated to ensure a single interface regardless of the device used
- The ability to handle high levels of traffic